Monday, March 14, 2011

Dunkage number 3!‏

I'm feeling quite a bit better than last week.
Elder Dowley and I have been having trouble teaching Investigators this week. The main ones Harold Christopher and the Burgess/Brooks family have been sick. So we weren't able to do much non-member teaching this week.
The week still went pretty dang well. On Wednesday we exchanged with the zone leaders and I was in Youngstown/Girard Ohio for the day with Elder Baird. He's from west valley and is just a couple transfers behind me. We had a good day and I met a lot of wonderful people down there.
We've been to the Fays quite a bit this week and I'm glad we did because Sis. Fay passed away yesterday after a very long and painful battle. We might be speaking at the funeral Wednesday.
The best and thing to happen this week was the baptism of Tyler Bennet. That happened Saturday and it was a very wonderful experience. I'm super grateful that I've been able to teach him from start to finish on that. That seems quite rare in this mission so that was a real blessing. The best part is that his family came and everything, so hopefully that will spark some interest there. The following day there was a another baptism within the ward and Tyler and Alex Broome were confirmed and it was awesome. Tyler should be getting the Aaronic priesthood here in a week or so and maybe he'll be passing the sacrament before transfers.
I love you all and thank you for your comforting letters.
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment