Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tap Out! And he's gone!!!‏

Elder Ehlert and I have been doing a good job with finding but we have been not doing so well with retaining those investigators, however this week we were not only able to find but we also taught two investigators that have been difficult to keep in contact with.
One of them was Stephanie (the person where we knocked on her door and she invited us right in). We just happened to knock on her door when she came home from work early. It was great because she's still very interested.
Another was Gerald whom we had taught a couple weeks ago. We watched the restoration with him and we saw some improvement and progression in him which was awesome. Hopefully we can stay in contact with him and his family.
We had a couple exchanges this week, I went down to Lima with Elder Read on Wednesday the 15th. We actually had a pretty wonderful evening. First we talked to a couple cool old guys gutting live fish right in front of us, then we taught a lesson to George and Tabitha Baymen. I really liked teaching and talking with them. They are pretty strong members of another church but I bet they'll get baptized. Then we taught Andrea Crites whom I had the privilege to give a baptismal interview too a few weeks ago. Finally we taught Skip and Julie Bodecker and their family. Julie actually got baptized on Saturday!
The following day I spent with Elder Pratt (he actually replaced me when I left New Castle 10 months ago) in Findlay, his missionary attitude is just superb. We were unable to do much other than teach the Vermillion family though.
Well we received transfer information last night and I will be staying in Findlay. However my patient teaching companion Elder Ehlert (even though he just got here) is being transferred. The cool thing is that Elder Scovill (who came out with my boy Elder Dowley) is training a new missionary in the biking area. So there will be a greenie in the apartment.
Well I love you all.
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment