Monday, July 26, 2010

Neighbors Helping Neighbors-The Neighborly Thing to Do.

This week has probably been the biggest change for me in the mission so far but its been pretty good though. Elder Cardenaz was sent to Defiance,Ohio right near the border of Michigan and Indiana. Elder Perkins from the Barberton Area right below us was sent to Holland near Toledo. My new companion is Elder Parker from Salt Lake. He used to work up near Cleveland and he goes home in October. Elder Richardson a greenie from Woodscross replaced E. Perkins. Its probably gonna be twice as weird when I get transferred out. The change has been good though.
The week started out with high hopes with a potential named Dwayne but sadly we haven't been able to get in contact with him all this week. Taylor is still not progressing, I'm thinking we just need to have a ride for her so she can stop relying on her mom who doesn't seem interested. We're still working with her been talking about the Strength of the Youth because I think she really needs that to keep up with the high standards of the church. Hopefully we can see some progression in her soon or we might have to drop her...Miss. Zelma Kennerly is progressing a little bit, I don't know if she leave her current church right now but she is learning I think. Darlene Craig is doing better she committed herself to start living the word of wisdom slowly that was pretty cool.
On Saturday the Elders and a lot of the ward members went and did this thing called Paint your heart out. With members of other faiths we go and just paint peoples houses in Barberton who could use the help. I had a really good time doing that, got paint all over me. The title of this e-mail comes from the free shirts we were given. Its what it said on the back of it. I thought it was really dorky.
Otherwise since E. Cardenaz has been gone I get lost a lot around town. But eh...I'm figuring it out.
Love you all.
(*)< Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment