Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I've got a surprise for you!‏

It has been quite a different week I would say. The best thing that happened this week was a lesson that we had with the new investigator Ella May. She's a widow that lives down in Ellwood City near the edge of our area. We went there on Friday to go and see how her Book of Mormon reading was going because we've stopped by there a little bit but nothing seemed to be able to make her an investigator. Well we stopped by and ended up talking about prophets a lot and eventually she started wondering where they had all gone. Then we told her about the restoration and she was really accepting it quite well. Near the end of the lesson both Elder Decker and I felt we needed to extend the Bap. Commitment. When I did it she got this horrified look on her face and said "But I've already been baptized!?!?" Then Elder Decker followed up beautifully with the need for authority and gave it to her again. The spirit was there so she said yes, don't have a date for her yet but we were planning on doing that next time.

Sadly Stacy wasn't baptized because she wasn't able to get permission from her husband. Although Stacy is already so solid it's just a matter of time. Aric wasn't able to be baptized either.

Last night i watched a slide-show to a talk that was done years ago at a BYU thingy. The talk is called Unleashing the Dormant Spirit by a seventy in 95' named Elder F. Enzio Busche. It was REALLY good. I loved it. The thing I watched made the talk even better, you might be able to find it on You Tube.

Well, the surprise is that my companion Elder Decker is training a new missionary this upcoming transfer. So tomorrow the 13th I'm being transferred out of New Castle. I don't know where I'm going yet so if you've got any letters hold off on sending them. Don't worry if you've already sent some. Elder Decker said he would forward them for me.

Love you all!
(*)<~Elder Lance Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment