Monday, October 17, 2011

Flying solo X three.‏

The beginning of the week has actually been pretty awesome. Elder Prince and I had been devoting a bit more time to working and teaching people right on the spot in which he is just very talented at. We ended up teaching 7 other lessons this week and most of them are attributed to that reason. We also kept up pretty well on working with our current investigators.
Things have been going quite well with Nicole. She is a very wonderful person and I feel very blessed to teach her. We actually teach her most of the time while she's working at Jackie Chens Wok. But she been keeping commitments and has been doing awesome. She came to church for the first time this week with her son Shaundell and I have high hopes for later on. By the way none of this would have been possible if it weren't for her awesome fellowshippers. This ward is just brilliant and so helpful in that way.
We have been still working with Leonard and we set a date for him in the future when he is eligible for baptism. He did come to church this week so he defiantly stepping in the right direction
Lastly we picked up a shaker square original (as in we see him all the time but have been unable to teach him until now) named Gary McCoy and he's a little different at times but when you get him feeling the spirit you can really tell that he wants to change. He also has a date for baptism.
The most surprising that happened this week however happened Friday night and Saturday morning. We got a call friday night and it was from the Ap's. He told us that Elder Prince was being transferred tomorrow at 7 am. I was shock-ed. It turns out that of my former companions was going home and I'm super impressed with him in that way because he was a good companion. But anyway Elder Prince was transferred to my dear old ward Ashtabula. I was super jealous because I love that place. So Saturday morning we were basically driving most of the morning/day being a sort of transfer taxi system. Elder Prince is going to end up training in Ashtabula.
I am currently tripled up with the zone leaders Elder Bills and Elder Rangel. We are working the Shaker Heights ward, the Cleveland 3rd ward and The university singles branch until transfers on the 26th. I think it's safe to say I'll be staying for that transfer. But the weirdest thing is I went to church by myself yesterday and just flocked from priesthood holder to priesthood holder. Kinda different. Well I love you all and I'm excited to see what happens over the next few weeks.
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment