Monday, October 31, 2011

A year ago I litterally was in Halloween Town. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!‏

Well the big news is that transfers happened and I finally got a new companion and he reigns in from Burbank California right where basically any movie studio you can think of comes from. His name is Elder Perry Stevens. If you have ever seen Gods plan of happiness, an old church movie that sometimes missionaries use. His father is the main character in that show, the narrator as it were. Also another ironic story is that Bro. Bagley a member in my ward served in his ward ten or so years ago and has a picture of my companion when he was 11 in his house. Kinda cool and crazy.
Also an Elder Hansen from South Jordan moved into my apartment. He's hilarious.
First off we are still working with Nicole but she didn't keep two commitments we gave her so it has been a little bit harder. We are going to talk with her as soon as we can. She still really appreciates the things she learns from us but it is just so hard to discern what she thinks about things.
I don't know if you remember the 17 year old Ben Kleidman we were working with. But Elder Stevens and I saw him while we were walking and I said "Hi Ben." He runs over to us and asks if he can talk to us. He said that when he told his parents that he wanted to be baptized they told him that he wasn't allowed to talk or see us anymore. It felt really good getting some closure on that. He looked super sad and I could tell he still wants it but they'll have to wait until later. I was worried about that from the beginning. But Heavenly Father truly is aware of all situations and was able to bring peace to my soul on the subject because it truly had been bothering me ever since he had to drop us because he was so awesome and solid and both of us plus our members really grew to love him.
Lastly we had a miracle on Sunday in which we got a call during church from a guy named Mario. Elder Prince and I had lost contact with him about a month back. We met them while we were trying to figure out the Cleveland bus system home and Elder Prince ran over to them to talk with them. Well we ended up missing the bus we were supposed to take but we got on their bus and they mentioned they were just barely engaged married. Then we found out that they didn't have any money to do so. We mentioned that our church does it for free and they really liked that idea. Then we called them and couldn't get in contact again. However they called us and we met with them yesterday and had a wonderful first lesson with a member present in the church. We are meeting with them again tomorrow. Their names are Mario and Sierra and they are both really funny.
I love you all so much and I hope you are having a wonderful Halloween.
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment