Monday, August 9, 2010

Stupid Ankle-Yay for Bap. Date!‏

Another roughish week with the injured ankle. It felt like it got worse this week and then better but once I started working with it. It would just go back to being painful so I've just been doing my best at what everyone tells me compression, elevation, and hot/cold therapy. Anyway that has been trying my patience this week and making me feel like an un-diligent missionary. I think it'll be done being annoying this week. What we were able to do this week was wonderful though. Elder Parker and I finally got Darlene Craig to commit to baptism!!! Missionaries from Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland have been working with her for a long time. I still don't think she's totally ready yet but the date is set for Oct. 30th so I think that is far enough in the future to get anything cleared up. Hopefully we can even move it earlier. Other than that an appointment with Miss. Zelma Kennerly that went well and a few RCLA's we haven't been able to do much this week without me needing to give my ankle some relaxing time.

I don't know what else to say but Congratulations Jake and Cassi! Um, I heard a really good talk about "the Plan of Salvation and not the plan of damnation." Really quite amazing talk has a lot of comforting hope messages within it. Its by Elder John(or Tom) Lund talks also about the myth of perfectionism. But its really really good. Also the conversion story of a guy named Bill Carpenter and then his mission in Iowa.

Love you all.
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment