Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Findlay's bottle has been drunk but not by me even though I'm 21!!!‏

Well...As usual all good things must come to an end to bring forth greater good. Last night we received transfer information and I was released as a Zone Leader and called as a District Leader again. So tomorrow morning Elder Scovill and I will be taken off to new adventures around the mission in the greatest work I've ever done. I started in this area with a mission role model of mine Elder Haines (whom will be returning home on Thursday to Orem). Then we baptized my dear friend Charlie Palmer when my next two companions came to serve with me Elder Ehlert and Elder Conlin. Eventually Elder Conlin left us and I spent a couple more weeks with Elder Ehlert and then my new dear friend Elder Green came to serve with me. I've learned a lot about love here. Sometimes I wish my perspective on life would always stay the same no matter what comes my way but it doesn't. It's all good though it's just another way the lord molds me.
The coolest thing that happened this week is the other Elders in our ward had a baptism of Barb Pfitzer a wonderful lady who I had the opportunity to interview for baptism. She's very sweet.
Obviously I turned 21 yesterday and that was cool. When we went to district lunch there was an ounce more temptation to buy beer. But I didn't and basically slapped Satan in his spirit face. That was fun and then Elder Green and I actually had a pretty successful day. We taught a wonderful lady named Katherine who said I've been thinking about getting baptized how would I go about doing that. Pretty much awesome we commited her to a date in September because she has cancer right now for the second time among other trials that she has faced in her life. Then we finished the night at the Morrows who have become so very dear to my heart since I've arrived in this area that I just can't explain with words. It was a good birthday.
Love you everyone. I'm really excited to see where I'll be tomorrow night. :)
(*)<~Elder Sumsion

No comments:

Post a Comment